Ever get annoyed? Ever feel like someone needs to be told where the dog died? Or handed a crowbar and a tub of Elbow Grease to help them pry their head out of their arse? Congratulations--you've come to the right place.

And when I'm not commenting on the latest thing to piss me off, I'm trying to figure out my own twisted life. Because, hey, I'm like that.

On a gentler note: for anyone dealing with depression, anxiety, and other assorted bullshit: You are NOT alone.

And if you're looking for a laugh, search on the key word "fuckery." It's just my little thing (as the bishop said to the actress).

Friday, January 28, 2011

*deep breath*

Thank the merciful Gods, it's Friday. This has been a whirlwind of a week.

My apologies, darling blurkers, for avoiding you for most of the week. I have a few posts brewing, but my head into other creative endeavors than writing at the moment (been designing a few things--about to do my first customization of a pair of Chucks, and I'm VERY excited about it, and am designing two beautiful jackets--finally making my miliary jacket in a raspberry pink satin taffetta with black velvet details, and FINALLY making myself a velvet coat--been dreaming of one for years and years, looked at several, and finally settled on a pattern. This is going to be black velvet lined in a sumptuous green crepe-backed satin with custom covered buttons. Not sure what the buttons are going to be exactly--I have a few ideas and have bought the cover-yourself kit to do it with. I don't know that I want green on the outside--perhaps a bit of piping around the collar, etc. Need to go and buy the trims tomorrow. I forgot how much I love designing clothes, and it's been forever since I built myself something beautiful.

So... what else is going on? Well, I have decided that I'm giving the job another six months, and then time to get out. I've had enough. I'm burnt out, overworked, and not happy with the situation in there. A few things have happened over the past few months that, put on top of the past year and a half, have, really drained the joy out of it. Ten years is a long time to do the same job. Time to move on.

I've also been back in the gym. YAY! Have managed three workouts--skipped yesterday because I was aching from the shoveling--and am trying to go every other day. Size 20, here I come.

Home is quiet. May it stay that way.

I'm sure I have a gajillion things to tell you guys, but I'm sitting here on Leesh's couch, feeling asleep. Can't navigate snow-choked streets half asleep.

Oh, and I joined Cougar Life. Because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment