Ever get annoyed? Ever feel like someone needs to be told where the dog died? Or handed a crowbar and a tub of Elbow Grease to help them pry their head out of their arse? Congratulations--you've come to the right place.

And when I'm not commenting on the latest thing to piss me off, I'm trying to figure out my own twisted life. Because, hey, I'm like that.

On a gentler note: for anyone dealing with depression, anxiety, and other assorted bullshit: You are NOT alone.

And if you're looking for a laugh, search on the key word "fuckery." It's just my little thing (as the bishop said to the actress).

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

*sigh* of Relief

Well, kids, Staff Development Day is done--#3 has been put to bed, happy and purring. The attendees seemed to enjoy themselves, the Committee had a good time--with Gene and me doing an impromptu improv set disguised as a raffle. Never let two Somerville kids loose with an audience. :-)

And my workshop went well. VERY positive response, with stories from the adventures of this blog and features being shown off. It was awesome to be in front of people and "teaching" (although they call it "facilitating" when it's a workshop). I think I managed to teach with humor and clarity, despite my minor panic attack this morning (because you know I was running late. I am SO NOT a morning person, at least not the kind that start at 7:00 a.m. I'm good at 3:00 a.m., 4:00 a.m., 6:00 a.m. if I haven't been to sleep yet. Just don't ask me to function before 11:00 a.m.).

I also got to eat lunch with some friends and the president of the Uni. I like the man--I think he's trying to make it work; I also think his values are in the right place. I wouldn't want his job, that's for damn sure. He has been incredibly supportive of the work the SRAC Committee does--mandated the formation of the committee--and that alone is a 180 from the way the place was run under his predecessor. He's also trying to work in Airy Fairy Central. *rolls eyes* I love my Uni's basic philosophy, but some of the crunchberries need to wake up to the fact that it's a business and has to be run that way.

The afternoon was spent at the registration desk. Somehow, I always end up behind the reg desk in the afternoon. I love it--get to chill and chat with the other committee members and the folks drifting in and out.

I am exhausted and starting to drift, sitting here in my favorite corner seat at the bar in Sbux, so I am going to close this down and head on out. Must fetch some milk for St. Teresa and then get home for some dinner, movies, and sleeeeeeeep. Back to the grind tomorrow, but for tonight... very content.

Cheers, kids. Be cool out there.
Love,
Empress

No comments:

Post a Comment