Ever get annoyed? Ever feel like someone needs to be told where the dog died? Or handed a crowbar and a tub of Elbow Grease to help them pry their head out of their arse? Congratulations--you've come to the right place.

And when I'm not commenting on the latest thing to piss me off, I'm trying to figure out my own twisted life. Because, hey, I'm like that.

On a gentler note: for anyone dealing with depression, anxiety, and other assorted bullshit: You are NOT alone.

And if you're looking for a laugh, search on the key word "fuckery." It's just my little thing (as the bishop said to the actress).

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Well, I asked for it...

I'm forever asking the benevolent Gods/spirits/cosmic awareness/collective unconsciousness/whatever the fuck is out there IF indeed there is anything out there besides my own warped perceptions, for a sign that I'm going in the right direction.

Well, this morning on the way to work, there was a car in front of me with a bumper sticker reading:
Born Again Voodooist.

I shit you not.

And I was sitting at the light behind this car, waiting for a break in the traffic to take a left, a mid-size builder's truck went by with the legend, "Gamache Remodeling."

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with Voodoo/Hoodoo/etc., Henri Gamache was the author of several texts considered essential in the rootwork canon.

And, the third sign (because, hey, everything comes in threes if it means anything, right?) was waiting in my email inbox: the monthly newsletter from the Lucky Mojo Company. Lucky Mojo is run by Catherine Yronwode, and if I ever go out to Cali, it will be to visit this shop.

I've been wondering about the whole spiritual reawakening thing. A friend going through something similar has reassured me that yes, indeed, I am going through it and to accept it.

Sometimes, however, even I need to be whacked over the head.

I forgot about it until a few minutes ago. No surprises there... I'm a bit dim these days. Too much to remember. And too much to think about.

It's getting close to the witching hour and I'm still in the damn office. Don't ask me why. Although I do like this place after hours. It's quiet. It's safe.

But now... now, it's time to go home.

G'night, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment