Ever get annoyed? Ever feel like someone needs to be told where the dog died? Or handed a crowbar and a tub of Elbow Grease to help them pry their head out of their arse? Congratulations--you've come to the right place.

And when I'm not commenting on the latest thing to piss me off, I'm trying to figure out my own twisted life. Because, hey, I'm like that.

On a gentler note: for anyone dealing with depression, anxiety, and other assorted bullshit: You are NOT alone.

And if you're looking for a laugh, search on the key word "fuckery." It's just my little thing (as the bishop said to the actress).

Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh, it's THAT anniversary again

Tomorrow is September 11. It's been nine years since the idiots flew the planes in the WTC and Pentagon and the passengers took the plane down in the field in PA.
We're still at war in Afghanistan. Bin Laden may or may not be dead. Iraq is a mess, there are more civilians dead than we'll ever know, and a lot of rich people have gotten richer while a lot of soldiers have either died or been maimed beyond healing.
There's a major controversy going on over an Islamic community center being built a few blocks from Ground Zero. It's a non-issue that's been made into a media circus. And leave us not forget the idiot in Florida who was going to burn the Qu'ran.
I'm done.
I don't care about 9/11 any more. It was AWFUL--it was horrible. I will never forget that day, no matter how much I try. However, the aftermath--how this country has conducted itself since that horrific morning--has left me disgusted and ashamed.
Instead of learning from it, we've used it as an excuse to hate. As a reason to persecute, to pursue enemies real and imagined, enemies we created, without taking responsibility for our actions.
If you'd really like to "honor" the day tomorrow, forget moments of silence, forget rhetoric, forget all of the official bullshit. Instead, if you see a firefighter, cop, EMT or other emergency services personnel, say, "Thank you."
That's it. Thank them for putting their lives on the line every day for the rest of us. I feel for the people who died in the towers--the workers there who were just doing a job--and the people in the airplanes who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel for their families. But all the bullshit--and that's all it is, folks, it's bullshit--won't bring those people back.
Honor the lost by appreciating the living. Respect their sacrifice, not by carrying on the cycle of hatred, but by living mindfully.
And not buying the bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment